Preventing Violence Against Women, Children and Families: Health Policy Opportunities
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
8:30 – 10:00 AM
(Breakfast will be served)
Rayburn House Office Building, Room B-340
This briefing will highlight opportunities in health care to reduce domestic and dating violence and adverse childhood experiences (ACE), and new technology (apps) that promote safe and healthy relationships. Current health policy recommendations will be highlighted.
• Howard Koh, MD, MPH, Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Richard Krugman, MD, Vice Chancellor for the Office of Health Affairs, University of Colorado Denver
• Deb Levine, MA, Executive Director and Founder, Youth + Tech + Health
• Diana Cheng, MD, Project Connect Maryland; Medical Director, Women’s Health, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
• Moderator: Brigid McCaw, MD, MPH, Family Violence Prevention Program, Kaiser Permanente; Chair, National Health Collaborative on Violence and Abuse
To RSVP for the event or find out additional information, please contact Ali Dominguez at Futures Without Violence, email@example.com, 202-595-7382; or Anisa Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org) 415-678-5500.