Webinar: Campus Sexual Assault: What Clinicians Need to Know
Monday, January 26, 2015, 10:00-11:30am PDT/ 11:00-12:30pm MDT/ 12:00-1:30pm CDT/ 1:00-2:30pm EDT
Description: Sexual violence on college campuses is far too common a problem. The purpose of this webinar is to raise awareness about the issue and to discuss effective strategies for violence prevention and victim support. This webinar is intended to provide guidance for registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians’ assistants, medical doctors, and other clinicians who work with young adults.
- Discuss the prevalence of sexual violence on campuses and identify barriers to services
- Discuss the role of alcohol in campus sexual assault
- Discuss how to engage healthcare providers in effective responses to sexual assault
- Discuss comprehensive approaches to sexual violence prevention
- Antonia Abbey, PhD, MA Professor & Area Chair of Cognitive, Developmental and Social Psychology, Wayne State University
- Tricia Bent-Goodley, PhD, MSW, LICSW Professor & Director, Howard University School of Social Work
- Annie Lewis-O’Connor, PhD, NP-BC, MPH Nurse Scientist and Director, Partners Healthcare
- Lynn Rosenthal, BASW Former White House Advisor on Violence Against Women
View the recording here: http://futureswithoutviolence.adobeconnect.com/p4e4u9dze05/
Download the slides here.
Continuing Medical Education: Physicians (MD or DO only)
Futures Without Violence’s National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Futures Without Violence designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Instructions for receiving CME credits:
1. Register for the webinar.
2. Login to join the live webinar on January 26, 2015. Your login and log out times will be automatically recorded by the online webinar system.
3. Complete the online evaluation form in its entirety by January 28, 2015 (the link will be provided at the end of the webinar).
Certificate of Completion:
A Certificate of Completion is only available for participants receiving CME credits. A certificate will be provided after steps 1-3 above have been completed. Please be sure to include your full name, address, and e-mail on the evaluation form. You will receive an electronic copy of the certificate via email approximately 7-14 business days after receipt of your evaluation form.
Cost of Activity:
There is no cost to receive credit or to participate in this webinar.
This activity received no commercial support.
Conflict of Interest Declaration:
A Conflict of Interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to effect educational content about health-care products or services of a commercial interest with which she/he has a financial relationship. The planners and presenters of this continuing education activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests pertaining to this activity.
• Broadband Internet access – DSL, satellite, cable or other broadband server
• Color monitor
• Computer speakers/headphones or telephone to listen to audio. You may also listen to audio using a phone to call the conference line number.
• Conduct a systems test: http://futureswithoutviolence.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
• If you want to print your certificate, you will need access to a printer.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
All personal information will remain confidential. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Name, email and other information provided by a participant will be used appropriately to provide information on related activities including upcoming webinars and other events.
Questions? Please contact Anisa Ali firstname.lastname@example.org.