Articles Shared by NHCVA Members:
- ACEs Informing Best Practices Postcard
- AVA Health’s ACEs Best Practices
- Defining the Children’s Hospital Role in Child Maltreatment, Second Ed.
- Elder Abuse Roadmap
- Firearm-Related Injury and Death in the United States: A Call to Action from 8 Health Professional Organizations and the American Bar Assocation
- Forbes: Can We Stop a Traumatized Child From Becoming a Traumatized Adult?
- Kaiser Permanente Continues Longstanding Commitment to Ending Domestic Violence
- Marketplace Series on Health and Trafficking
- Nadine Burke Harris: How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime (TED Talk)
- National Child Traumatic Network’s new policy brief, Understanding and Addressing Trauma and Child Sex Trafficking
- Together for Girls:
- Reducing Firearm-Related Harms: Time for Us to Study and Speak Out
- Toxic Stress, Behavioral Health, and the Next Major Era in Public Health
Articles Authored by NHCVA Members:
- Coordinated Public Health Initiatives to Address Violence Against Women and Adolescents
- Integrating Intimate Partner Violence Assessment and Intervention into Healthcare in the United States: A Systems Approach
- Intimate Partner Violence and Its Health Impact on Ethnic Minority Women
- Screening and Counseling for Intimate Partner Violence: A Vision for the Future
Academy on Violence and Abuse/National Health Collaborative on Violence and Abuse
The AVA and NHCVA collaborated to create an online living document of ACEs: Best Practices.
Academy on Violence and Abuse
American Academy of Neurology
American Academy of Pediatrics
- For educational opportunities, including webinars and presentation materials, click here.
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Futures Without Violence
- Affordable Care Act Guidelines for Domestic Violence Screening
- IPV Screening and Counseling Toolkit
- Additional resources for IPV Screening and Counseling Guidelines in the ACA
- National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Using Social Media to Increase Awareness
International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Atlas of Sexual Violence
- IAFN Home Page
- IAFN Online Learning Center
- IAFN Position Papers
- Forensic Nurse Education Guidelines for Sexual Assault, Interpersonal Violence and Death Investigation
- Journal of Forensic Nursing
- Sexual Assault-Forensic and Clinical Management Virtual Practicum
- Sexual Assault Forensic Exam-Technical Assistance (SAFEta) Project
- Video Documentary on Forensic Nurses
Masschusetts Medical Society
National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Assessment and Intervention in Intimate Partner Abuse (Free CME)
- Best Practices in Health Care and Domestic Violence – Lessons Learned in Boston
- Do No Harm Campaign
- Hospital Treats Violence As A Disease With Help Of ‘Trauma Love’ (WBUR Radio)
- Navigation Show – Domestic Violence (Better Living with Liz Walker)
- White Ribbon Day
- Abuse Assessment for Women with Disabilities
- Abuse Research Summary: For archive and to sign up for distribution list, visit www.abuseresearch.info. For questions contact Harise Stein, MD firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Affordable Care Act Fact Sheet
- AMA Interim Meeting presentation on Domestic Violence and Affordable Care Act
- Elder Abuse Roadmap
- IRS Guidelines: Hardship exemption for women who have experienced domestic violence
- Click here to view the rules on the Special Enrollment Periods for women who have experienced DV.
- Recommended Preventive Medicine Service Codes: To Record Screening and Brief Counseling of Domestic and Interpersonal Violence
- Resources for IPV Screening and Counseling Coverage Guidelines in the Affordable Care Act
- Child Exposure to Trauma: Comparative Effectiveness of Interventions Addressing Maltreatment (AHRQ website)
- No More Campaign
- Screening for Intimate Partner Violence and Abuse of Vulnerable Adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation
- Understanding Evidence is an interactive web resource developed by CDC that supports public health practitioners in making evidence-informed decisions around violence prevention.
- Domestic Violence: The Secret Killer That Costs $8.3 Billion Annually in Forbes Magazine
- An International Comparative Public Health Analysis of Sex Trafficking of Women and Girls in Eight Cities: Achieving a More Effective Health Sector Response published in the Journal of Urban Health
- 2013 IOM Annual Meeting – The Science of Violence: Causation, Mitigation, and Prevention. View the webcast and presentations from the 2013 IOM Annual Meeting.
- Confronting Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Sex Trafficking of Minors in the United States report from the Institute of Medicine
- Trauma-Informed Approaches: Federal Activities and Initiatives: Federal Partners Committee on Women and Trauma – This document reflects how the Federal Partners Committee on Women and Trauma’s efforts to promote, adopt, and implement trauma-informed approaches have enhanced the effectiveness of a wide range of government services and supports.
- Report: Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling Research Symposium – This report details the symposium held on December 9, 2013, sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- World Health Organization’s Elder Abuse Fact Sheet
- WHO 2015 Global Strategies to Reduce Violence