Congressional briefings on the impact of violence and abuse and health:
- Member organizations of NHCVA co-sponsor congressional briefings on the impact of violence and abuse on health, informing legislative activity such as the Elder Justice Act and the Violence against Women Act. The 2011 briefing discussed the health impact of abuse, and the need for prevention to be integrated into the national public health agenda. NHCVA will convene at least one new briefing every year.
Educational webinars and monthly phone meetings:
- Educational webinars provide an opportunity to learn about and discuss key policy and systems issues in depth.
- Bimonthly conference calls enable participating organizations to be briefed on and share critical policy updates and strategies related to the health aspects of violence and abuse.
Legislation, research and policy analysis related to violence and abuse:
- Summaries and analyses of relevant policies will be compiled and shared with member organizations. White papers on key issues i.e., the impact of health reform on those affected by violence, will be developed.
Education and policy reform-focused assistance for member organizations
- Tools to promote improved professional responses to violence and abuse will be provided to member organizations through model resolutions, talking points, etc.