Webinar: Supporting Our Troops’ Families: The Impact of Family Violence on Military Families
Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Time: 10:00am-11:30am PST/ 11:00am-12:30pm MST/ 12:00pm-1:30pm CST/ 1:00pm-2:30pm EST
Recording: Click here
Description: An increasing number of families face the unique challenges of deployment of a family member. This webinar will explore the intersection of military service and family violence, and provide guidance for health care providers in both military and civilian settings who care for military families.
- Understand the impact of the stress of military service on psychological health
- Review the research on interpersonal violence and child maltreatment in military families
- Discuss risk assessment and strategies for prevention and management of risk of family violence in military families
- Review practice and policies on the development and promotion of resilience in military families
Barbara Craig, MD, FAAP, Director, Armed Forces Center for Child Protection, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda
April A. Gerlock, PhD, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, PMHCNS-BC, Clinical Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Washington
Katherine Robertson, LCSW, Family Advocacy Program Manager, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Military Community and Family Policy, Department of Defense
Moderator: Cara J. Krulewitch, CNM, PhD, FACNM, Director, Women’s Health, Medical Ethics and Patient Advocacy Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Department of Defense
Continuing Medical Education: Physicians (MD or DO only)
Futures Without Violence’s National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Futures Without Violence designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Instructions for receiving CME credits:
- Register for the webinar.
- Login to join the live webinar on January 21, 2014. Your login and log out times will be automatically recorded by the online webinar system.
- Complete the online evaluation form in its entirety by January 24, 2014 (the link will be provided at the end of the webinar).
Certificate of Completion:
A Certificate of Completion is only available for participants receiving CME credits. A certificate will be provided after steps 1-3 above have been completed. Please be sure to include your full name, address, and e-mail on the evaluation form. You will receive an electronic copy of the certificate via email approximately 7-14 business days after receipt of your evaluation form.
Cost of Activity:
There is no cost to receive credit or to participate in this webinar.
This activity received no commercial support.
Conflict of Interest Declaration:
A Conflict of Interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to effect educational content about health-care products or services of a commercial interest with which she/he has a financial relationship. The planners and presenters of this continuing education activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests pertaining to this activity.
- Broadband Internet access – DSL, satellite, cable or other broadband server
- Color monitor
- Computer speakers/headphones or telephone to listen to audio. You may also listen to audio using a phone to call the conference line number.
- Conduct a systems test: http://futureswithoutviolence.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- If you want to print your certificate, you will need access to a printer.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
All personal information will remain confidential. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Name, email and other information provided by a participant will be used appropriately to provide information on related activities including upcoming webinars and other events.
Please contact Anisa Ali, email@example.com.